This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Looking for ways to remove sweat stains from your favorite pillow cases? Look no further. I’ve tried multiple ways to get my sheets looking white again and I found the way that truly works!
Sweat Stains & White Sheets
White bed sheets and sweat stains go together like kids and messes. However, if you like your sheets white and want to keep them that way, it’s something you need to think about. Even if you clean your face every night before bed and you keep your hair up and off your pillow as best you can, sweat stains will begin to appear overtime.
Why do people love white sheets? The feel of white sheets and white bedding in general is timeless and calming. White sheets can help settle your mood as you tuck in for a greats night rest. That is until you realize some yellow spots have started to appear where you lay your head everynight!
The method I’m sharing with you was used on my white sheets as well as my beige pillow protectors. Not only did the stains vanish, the odor was completely gone as well.
How To Remove Sweat Stains
Now lets get to it! Your sheets will be whiter, brighter and more fresh before bedtime tonight.
What you’ll need:
- Cleaning Gloves
- Warm Water
- Empty (clean) Bathtub
- 4 Hours of Soak Time
- Remove all white sheets and pillow cases from bed.
- Fill bathtub with just enough warm water to soak sheets in.
- Mix in 3/4 Cup Borax with warm bath water. Place white bedding in bathtub.
- With gloved hands, press down on sheets to fully submerge.
- Let sheets sit for 4 hours. Go back about every hour to make sure sheets stay submerged and move around as needed. You’ll begin to see the dinge transfer to your water as shown below (YUCK.)
- Drain tub and squeeze water from soaked linens. Wash as usual before placing back on bed.
If your staining is severe, you may need to repeat this process. However, you will 100% see a difference in your sheets after one treatment. Our sheets are 11 months old and this process completely removed all our staining. In the photo above you can see how dirty the water looks from the stains in our linens.
That wraps up how to remove sweat stains from your pillow cases!
Check out these next…
21 DAYS TO DECLUTTER YOUR HOME & WHY TO GET STARTED NOW
THE ULTIMATE SPRING CLEANING CHECKLIST FOR YOUR HOME
Leave a Reply