Call me basic just like the rest of ya’ll but I am ALLLL about pumpkin right around the time August turns into September 🙂 I’m not a huge fan of the infamous PSL from Starbucks but I do love Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer in my coffee every morning. I’ve even passed the love for this stuff onto my kids – they get a splash of it in their milk sometimes to celebrate the season! Another way I celebrate pumpkin spice season is by indulging in my MIL’s Pumpkin Dump Cake she makes for Thanksgiving. This dish is more delicious than it is healthy so it’s not something our family makes on the regular. This year to get our pumpkin fix we decided to find a better-for-you pumpkin dessert and stumbled upon a pumpkin roll recipe. We adjusted the ingredients a bit since I’m doing weight watchers – this way we could all enjoy together! If you’re looking for a semi-healthy way to enjoy pumpkin this season I highly recommend giving this recipe a try! You can also swap out the fat free ingredients if you prefer! Ellie and Penny had so much fun helping me whip this up for the second time and Sawyer always shows up when it’s time to sample haha – who can blame him?
Guilt Free Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 2 TSP Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 TSP Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Truvia
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 4 oz FF Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 oz FF Cool Whip
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 1 TBSP Truvia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs and sugars for 3-4 minutes. Add in lemon juice & continue to mix.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and powder, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into the mixer and stir.
- Add in pumpkin and use spoon to stir just long enough to incorporate.
- Spread mixture evenly onto parchment paper and bake for 13-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes. Place a clean kitchen towel over the roll and flip. Remove parchment paper and then roll pumpkin roll up with the kitchen towel. Place in refrigerator until cool.
- While cooling, mix together the filling ingredients in a stand mixer for 3-4 minutes. Once mixed, let the filling sit out (not for too long to they don't go bad) so it is easy to spread.
- Remove roll from refrigerator and unroll. Spread filling mixture evenly and reroll without the kitchen towel.
- Place in foil and back in the fridge to set. You can also freeze for a later time if you prefer. Slice into 10 equal pieces.
Leave a Reply