This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Sharing my Optavia review after 3 weeks on the program.
Before getting into my recap of my first 3 weeks on Optavia, here is my first week review. Be sure to check it out as I’m doing my best to NOT REPEAT information on these posts to keep them fresh and motivating for you!
WEEK 3 RECAP
Week 2 and week 3 were actually even easier than week 1. The biggest struggles I’ve found on the program are keeping your lean and green meals fresh and eating out. I have just decided to not eat out at all until my first 6 weeks on the program is up. My thinking is I spent ALL THIS MONEY on this program, I have to make it up to myself by not spending money on ordering out.
My biggest win thus far is that I haven’t cheated! And by cheated I mean I haven’t had any meals off plan. I’ve had a couple alcoholic beverages each week because hey, you still have to live your life. I’ve also tried small bites of new dishes my husband has made with our Pit Boss. Other than that, I’ve had no problem staying full and staying focused.
One of the HUGE parts of my success is having a shake at night. I make them with ice and it tastes just like dessert.
One struggle worth noting is that my lean and green meals haven’t been very extravagant. I typically will eat either ground turkey, tuna or chicken breast with a side salad. Although this fills me up and tastes delicious, it can get a bit dull. If you need to keep meals exciting to stay motivated I suggest following Optavia on Pinterest and connecting with your coach to come up with some great ideas together.
One way I have found to switch it up as of week 4 is using a biscuit fueling to make an egg white sandwich with 1 light laugh cow cheese wedge. It was actually quite yummy!
MY STATS AFTER WEEK 3
Here is a reminder of my goals for the program. I plan to be on the program for 6 weeks.
- Lose 10lbs
- Kick unhealthy habits (Soda, Alcohol, High Sugar & Processed Snacks)
- Transition off the program and maintain a healthy, lower weight range
After 3 whole week on this program I have lost 6lbs! That is 60% of my goal weight loss (10lbs) and 4.82% of my body weight.
Weight at Start: 124.4lbs
Week 1: 121.6lbs
Weight at Week 3: 118.4lbs
Total Loss: 6.0 lbs
% of Weight Loss Goal Achieved: 60%
Day 1 vs. Week 3
The change may be difficult for you to see in photos but I can feel it SO MUCH. I already feel so much more comfortable in my clothing and my energy is up a ton. For fairness in comparison, the first photo is when I just rolled out of bed prior to eating anything. The second photo is right after lunch.
OPTAVIA SUGGESTED PURCHASES
- RATE YOUR FUELINGS -When you start, you will have a ton of choices when it comes to fuelings. My suggestion is to try one of everything and document if you like it or not. You can literally take a sharpie and give the fueling a score out of 10 right on the box. I think this is important if you are a planner and know you’ll do better at certain times of the day if you eat things you like more.
- BUY A NEW WATER BOTTLE – This one is a must in my opinion. Amazon has these great water bottles to help you track your daily water intake so you can keep yourself accountable. I use mine daily and will continue using it after I finish with the program.
- PLAN OUT YOUR LEAN & GREEN MEALS, CONDIMENTS & SNACKS – This is simple for me. If you’re a creature of habit it’s a great idea to meal prep your lean and greens for the next 4-5 days in advance. This way there is no confusion.
WEEK 3 CONCLUSION
I am obsessed with this program. Not because the food is amazing or because I’m seeing fast results but because it is working and because I do not feel like I’m starving myself. I am contemplating ordering additional fuelings so that I can continue to stay on the program until Thanksgiving. Also, I have decided to start adding exercise to my routine. I can’t wait to share my next recap with you!