This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Ready to dive into my income report? If you’re reading this you’re more than likely a stay at home mom OR you’d like to become a stay at home mom. Either way, WELCOME! I’m going to share with you how I was able to make $1,131.16 in the month of August while staying home full time with my kids.
Although this feels a little cringe, I think it’s important to share to help inspire other moms who want a change but don’t know where or how to start.
HOW TO MAKE MONEY FROM HOME
Really, there are tons and TONS of ways to make money from home thanks to technology. Countless services can be offered from your home computer and smart phone alone. The trick is identifying your skill set and then researching how to put those skills to use to generate income.
In the month of August, I had multiple streams of revenue thanks to some penny pinching, self marketing and hard work.
SOURCES OF INCOME
Let’s get into the details (because that’s what you’re really here for right?). I’m going to list my sources of income included in my income report below. Not all of these sources brought money to the table which is okay. The trick here is finding what works for you and how you can invest in those area’s to reach and hopefully surpass your goals.
- PART TIME JOBS: $1,058.00
- AD SENSE: $0.00
- AFFILIATE MARKETING:
- Reward Style: $15.95
- Amazon: $1.17
- SPENDING REWARDS
- RAKUTEN: $7.21
- CREDIT CARD REWARDS: $50.00
TOTAL : $1,132.33
HOW TO MAKE THIS WORK FOR YOU
What’s the use in sharing this without follow through, right? I’m breaking down how you can study my income sources and put them to work for yourself.
PART TIME GIG
This is where you’re going to go back to some good ‘ole high school brainstorming. Carve out some quiet time for yourself and write down your skills. Great style? Great at videography? Social media wize? Excel expert? WRITE IT DOWN.
Next, think about your goals. Are you looking for a full time income or part time? Do you really want to work from home or just have a schedule that allows you to be there when your kids have a snow day without added stress? All of this is important.
Once you’ve identified your true desires, GO LOOK FOR WHAT YOU WANT. Those part time gigs that I’ve found – they weren’t open positions posted on indeed. I reached out to my employers because it was a job that I wanted. Guess what? Turns out they wanted me too (which was a great feeling)! The most important part here is don’t give up. I reached out to at least 4 companies before I found what I was looking for.
For so many years I heard that blogging was dead. Let me tell you something – IT IS NOT DEAD. There is SO MUCH MONEY TO BE MADE in the world of blogging. If you’ve got a passion you can share with the world, I’m going to bet there is an audience who would love to read it.
Figure out what you have to offer and GO FOR IT. YOLO has faded out but the message remains true – you get one life. Go for your dreams. You’ll never fail as long as you continue to try.
This one might sound like a cheat but it’s not. Why wouldn’t you collect money back on your purchases?
- RAKUTEN – Formerly know as EBATES, Rakuten is a service that gives you cashback when you shop at certain stores. Check out my post RAKUTEN FOR FREE CASH BACK AND A FREE $30 BONUS to start earning cash back for your purchases. The best part? You get a FREE cash incentive after your first purchase with Rakuten.
- CREDIT CARD REWARDS – This is one of my favorite ways to earn money. I charge EVERYTHING I CAN to my credit card to earn points that I convert to cash. At the end of every month, I completely pay off my credit card.
- I do not suggest this method unless you’ve got your spending under control. I’ve had years of practice when it comes to staying on budget so this works for my family. It is the end of September and I’ve already earned $600. I put all this money into a savings account and use it to help me with Christmas spending for the year.
GOALS FOR NEXT MONTH
As I’m writing this at the end of September, my goals for next months income report are going to be directed towards October. Most of my goals are related towards my blog because my ultimate goal is to build up my brand and make this a steady, reliable source of income for our family.
- Make over $100 from my blog. Honestly, I have no idea if this goal is attainable but I’m going to work my butt off trying to make it happen. I’ve mapped out a couple of great strategies that I plan to put in place to make my blog successful.
- Grow to 350 Pinterest followers & 500,000 monthly impressions. I currently have 298 Pinterest followers and 404,000 monthly impressions. I plan to meet this goal by creating great posts on my blog and by creating 1 idea pin a week. To learn more about idea pins and how they’ve helped me grow my Pinterest audience check out IDEA PINS ON PINTEREST AND WHY YOU SHOULD BE USING THEM.
- Learn more about SEO and apply to one old post per week. SEO is very complex and I continue studying and learning about it. I want to use what I’ve learned to go back and edit some of my older, well performing posts to help them continue to thrive.
NEXT INCOME STATEMENT
No matter what happens I will be posting another income report in November recapping my October. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest so you don’t miss it!
Leave a Reply